Dorita Mayeux's Blog
When you have kids and are shopping for a home in Florida, the nearby schools are probably on the top of your search criteria list. Sometimes, living in the right neighborhood is the main requirement to help your children get into the school of choice and obtain the type of education you hope for them to have. How do you find the right home in the right Florida neighborhood? Below, you’ll find some tips to help make your search for a home that much easier.
What Does Your Child Need?
You’ll need to ask yourself some questions based on your child to help with your search. These questions could include things like:
- Where do my child’s friends go to school?
- Does my child want to participate in certain activities?
- Do we want to send our child to private school?
- How close do we want to live to the school?
Once you look at what requirements your child has for his or her education, you can delve further into the home search process.
Learn About The Schools In The Area
There are plenty of ways that you can educate yourself on different Florida schools and school systems. Do some research. There are many ways you can find out about local schools including:
- Visiting the schools in person, setting up a tour or question and answer session
- Asking for advice in online forums or social media groups
- Checking out school rating websites for more information
- Looking at the direct websites of each school
You can also talk to other parents in the area directly and see what they have to say about the school systems. The more information that you gather, the easier it will be to choose a home in an area with schools that are right for you and your family.
Bringing It All Together
After you complete this research, you’ll need to look at the other aspects of your life that come into play in your house search. There is more to searching for a home than simply worrying about the schools in the area.
- How far do you want to live from work?
- What size house do you need?
- What type of house do you hope to buy?
- How will the kids get to and from school?
To find the right home in the right Florida neighborhood, you need to look for a balance of both convenience and location in regards to both education and home style. With some thought and a bit of research, you’ll be well on your way to sending your kids to the right school while you’re living on a friendly street